FILMS: FEATURE, DOCUMENTARY AND TELEFILM
Dr Ambrish Saxena has remained engaged in filmmaking at various levels. He has been associated with films of Films Division, NFDC, Doordarshan [Kolkata and Lucknow], private producers and educational institutions.
Besides filmmaking, he has also contributed as Jury of film festivals.
- Acted in a film BITTA BHAR ZAMIN made for Kolkata Doordarshan in 1990
- Involvement in 4 telefilms during 1980s
- Associated with the production of and acted in CHAKRAVYUH (Director: Muzahir Rahim), in Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh 
- This feature cum documentary film was a production of Films Division
- Director of INSIGHT, a 16-minute documentary on Research in VIPS 
- Executive Producer of ME TOO, WE ALL, LETS SPEAK UP, a 14-minute documentary on #Me Too movement, produced in DME 
III. PROMOTIONAL FILMS
- Produced a promotional film on VIPS 
- QUOTE UNQUOTE, a 10-minute promotional film on VIPS 
IV. FEATURE FILMS
- Associated with the production of and acted in feature film TULSIDAS (Director: Atma Ram)
- This was a production of NFDC 
- Producer in a full-length (2 hours) students’ feature film HAANTA 
- This was a self-funded project with about 150 students of GGSIPU and VIPS
- It was screened at several film festivals.
- Assisted in the production of NO ONE KILLED JESSICA during shooting in New Delhi
V. SHORT FILMS 
- Executive Producer of about 200 short fiction films and documentaries made by the students
VI. FILM FESTIVAL JURY
Dr Saxena has been a jury member in film festivals for long.
- VATAVARAN, Environment and Wildlife Film Festival of India
- Served as Jury member in this international festival, organised by Centre for Media Studies (CMS), in 2006
- National Science Film Festival of India (NSFFI), Vigyan Prasar
Served as Jury member in this festival, organised Vigyan Prasar, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, in 2020